National Broadcasters Hall of Fame
- National Broadcasters Hall of Fame
- Hall of Fame History
- 2008 NBHF Induction Ceremony
- NBHF Event Photos
- Hall of Fame Inductees
- Revitalized Hall of Fame - 2006
- New Jersey Broadcasters Association
- About NBHF and News Articles
- Art Schreiber - NBHF Founder has passed.
- Celeste Holm - Remembered on Broadway Upon her passing.
- All Pages
The National Broadcasters Hall of Fame and Museum (hereafter referred to as the Hall and Museum) represents a command dedication to preserving the history of broadcasting in this country. It is the culmination of the efforts of the Schreiber Family to ensure that the importance of the radio pioneers and this communication media to our nation is neither forgotten nor lost, but remembered and honored.
The Hall and museum were founded by newspaper publisher Arthur S. Schreiber, in response to a suggestion by his son Josh, who constantly enjoyed heating about old-time radio and its stars. The original Hall opened in Freehold, New Jersey on May 1, 1977, and housed and displayed artifacts, photographs, memorabilia, and equipment from the past that preserved vivid images of the-radio broadcasting industry and its principal pioneers. Since its opening, the Hall and Museum have entertained and educated millions of people on the history of radio and its pioneering broadcasters.
The Hall and Museum also salutes and honors the men and women who made broadcasting a communications marvel in the 1930'x, 1940'x, and 1950'x. There are currently 89 inductees in the Hall, including such radio broadcasting giants as Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, Rosemary Clooney, Ralph Edwards, Arlene Francis, Benny Goodman, Bob Hope, Al Jolson, Kay Kyser, Edward R. Murrow, Frank Sinatra, Paul Whiteman, Walter Winchell, and Rudy Vallee.'
Induction ceremonies from 1977 until 1993 were conducted in New Jersey and New York. Consistent with plans to relocate the Hall and Museum to California, induction ceremonies in 1994 and 1995 were held in Beverly Hills (at the Beverly Hilton Hotel) and Anaheim (at The Disneyland Hotel), respectively. In 1996 induction ceremonies returned to New Jersey.
In 2001 the collection was moved back to New Jersey to the former Belmar Marconi Station, now know as Camp Evans. Founder Arthur Schreiber felt it appropriate the Hall should be located at site built by the father of wireless and radio Guglielmo Marconi.
During the Summer of 2002 the members of the New Jersey Antique Radio Club (NJARC) adopted the collection. They began making plans to set it up in the building Mr. Schreiber had selected for the collection. Due to delays in the transfer of the building the club began preparing the former chief engineer cottage (building 9003) as a temporary location for the collection. A portion of the collection is on display with hands-on radio science experiments for school group visits.